Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

groOrganic Garden Planner!



In April I posted that 'I Can Garden!' now since we have moved from the hot dry desert to the farm country of Wisconsin.


I

Since I haven't lived near fertile land in over 15 years, I needed some help to get my garden started. groOrganic was kind enough to give me a 30 day trial of their Garden Planner to try out. Visit their site at www.groOrganic.com, by clicking the photo above or call them at 888-947-6674.

It is great!! It is so easy to log in and get right to your 'plan'. I decided I wanted to try planting radishes, green onions, artichokes, some kind of melon, beans and soy beans. Also a little lettuce mix and we had asparagus last year from plants already here.

A bit optimistic for me! LOL! So I put it all into my plan which was fun!

It is larger than my spot is, but that's because I decided to make it look like the whole yard and put the deck in. I also decided to plant some flowers in pots on the deck. This is what it looked like when I was done.
Now the hard part... I have no idea when to plant these so that they don't die right off the bat! We get frost here and that's not good for plants right? This was the best part about groOrganic's garden planner:

It tells you when to plant, type of soil, sun or shade, spacing, everything you need to know! And it knows all this because when you do your setup you tell it where you live so it is specific to your area! How great is that!

There's also a graph that shows what months you should plant everything and harvest it.

So since I did all this, I've changed my plan some, but it is so easy to do in the garden planner. It's too late for me to plant an artichoke from seed so I'm trying to find an established plant and having no luck. Our asparagus didn't come back up this year, I don't know what's up with that. The rhubarb is back but I have no clue what to do with rhubarb! I went to the farmer's market and bought the cutest brussel sprout plant so decided to plant that in a container on the deck. My flowers haven't popped up yet and I'm not sure if I should plant the onions because of my dog ,and it's too early to plant the radishes.

groOrganic also sends you an email every 2 weeks to remind you what can be planted that week. And the emails have great recipes in them.

All in all, this is a great program! I wouldn't have known any of this without it. I would have planted the radishes already and they would have died since we've had frost since I got the seeds. groOrganic also sells raised bed packages in some states, bee hive equipment, emergency packs and more. Check them out! www.groOrganic.com

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to leave comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...